background 12282014

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Two days and counting...

Hi everyone!

Well, I'm busy making sure I've got everything I need for the Stampede demo day. For those who aren't already busy that day, we'll be making some blankets in the quilting department from 11 to 5 on Saturday, July 25. I hope you'll find some time to join us. I have quilt kits, fleece, yarn, fringe template, skip stitch blade and batting(!)... but I can't find my rotary cutters. I've no idea where they ended up. I lost a small baby quilt I started too. I'm wondering if I left a bag or box at our last Blanket Bee at Westgate Mall.

I took 22 more blankets to Benefis pediatrics this week... plus a few to the ER. For those who haven't had reason to go to Benefis... boy, has it changed!! The front doors are now over by the ER doors. Parking is in the lot across the street and they have a little shuttle... which I would have used if it had been nearby since I was lugging 3 bags of blankets! I did get some help from a security guard once I got near the door, and I employeed a nice trick offered by the folks at St Pete's...use a wheelchair!!! What a great help!

Thanks to Marsha, I've found everyone didn't get added to the Google Groups list. If you haven't gotten an email saying you've been added to the list, let me know and I'll add you to it. I did post the instructions for Part 1 of the Mystery Quilt last week on the Google Groups site. It is a cute little quilt, and relatively easy to do, so I hope many of you will try it. If there is anything in the instructions that don't make sense, just let me know... I'll try to clarify.

I think that's it for now. Now I'm off to finish preparations for the fair. If you see a little quilt and some rotary cutters laying around... let me know!

Stay cool.... =}
gina

No comments:

Post a Comment