background 12282014

Friday, July 3, 2009

It looks like an avalanche!

Well, the batting is here, and it is more than I've ever seen in my life!!! There is some of almost every kind they make, I think. I have to make an inventory over the next couple of days... I'll send an update when it's done. I shudder to guess of how much this is all worth. Just the part that we brought back here is a HUGE donation... and this is only about 1/3 of the total. Greatest THANKS!!! to The Warm & Natural Company for all they do for Project Linus!!

On to the next project...we will be doing a demo day at the Last Chance Stampede in Helena ... I believe the date is July 25. I will need some volunteers to help that day and am truly hoping many of you will be available. Amy and Jeri have arranged for a free fair entry for a blanket donation so we may have a lot of blankets come our way that day! Wouldn't that be just great?!?!

We are also going to start a project working with the girls correctional facility in Boulder. A couple of our Helena volunteers will be doing a lot of the work for this one. The will be teaching them how to do the crocheted edge on the fleece. They feel this is a way to "pay it forward" for these girls, and they could earn community service hours. I got some new, fun fleece with the holiday sale at JoAnns and now just need some yarn to get this started. Does anyone have any yarn they would like to donate? The blankets we'll have them start with will be about 30x36 inches.

One of the things I forgot to mention about conference/institute was blankets for kids with autism. We had a speaker from an autism program in Illinois speak, and an adult with autism served as her assistant. Weighted blankets seem to bring great relief, and one chapter creates these weighted blankets by sewing channels into the blankets and filling the channels with rolled sheets. I haven't had a chance to investigate what the need might be for such blankets here. Would anyone want to look into this to get us started?

Lastly, I recently spoke to an Optimist group luncheon. They were so impressed with our mission and passion that they sent us a financial contribution. What a wonderful gift!!!

That's all for tonight.
Have a save and happy 4th!
gina

No comments:

Post a Comment