background 12282014

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Past the half-way point.....

Happy Saturday morning everyone!

Well, unbelievably, another week has gone by already! I think that is the worst part of summer... I wait all winter for it, then there is so much going on, it goes by in such a flash! We did get our hay this week, and that is always the first step in getting ready for winter. We're also now on the side of the year where we're getting ready for the holidays rather than still needing to clean up after last year. So if that wreath is still hanging... just leave it!! =}
I just don't know where all the time goes.

I got a few blankets to Benefis this week, but not as many as I wanted. I will have to catch up next in the next few days. I've been told I've got more to be donated from the ladies up around Conrad, Cut Bank, Shelby and the Triangle Squares Guild -- thanks to you ALL!!!

We finally got some interest in other chapters for the batting!! Diane from Snohomish County (north of Seattle) and Jodene from the Portland are both taking about a third. That still leaves a third for us and that is still a lot!! Diane got hers yesterday and we stuffed the back of the pickup and the small area behind the cab seats. She ended up with 5 bolts 200 yds long, 11 bolts 30-40 yds long and a wider bolt 25 yds long! She was thrilled. She also brought me some fabric for a nominal charge. After I saw how much it was, I may not have given her enough for it, in fact. They have fabric stores and quilt shops that hold fabric drives for them. What a great idea! Then they use the fabric for a big blanket making day a few weeks later. We'll have to think about something like this.

The fair committee is setting up for the Stampede demo day next weekend! I love fairs, and this will be my first doing anything for Project Linus. I'm sure there will be some things I learn from it... but I'm really looking forward to it. We have a few volunteers, and everyone is still welcome to come and help...July 25, 11 to 5, Helena Fairgrounds, quilting department (I think...)

I'm going to start the Project Linus Mystery Quilt Challenge today. There will be 5 sets of instructions that will be posted, and the instructions say to post a set every week... but I think that would be rushing it. I'm going to go every 2 to 4 weeks with this. I will put that on our groups site...http://groups.google.com/group/projectlinus_greatfallshelena today... as soon as I'm done with this.

Also, I'm going to start a charm program...though I guess it needs a name. I will give out charms for charm bracelets for different things. We'll do it for different milestones and special events. I will buy the charms, but I can't afford the bracelets for everyone. =( Some may already have charm bracelets they'll want to use. For others, I can do a big order and get them all at once. I'll work on that this week and get out more info soon. I'm going to start with one for those who help with the Helena Stampede... something fair related!!

We're just about ready to get going with the program at the Boulder facility. We have fleece and yarn... and another volunteer! I think this is a really great idea and can't wait to see how it goes.

Let's see, batting, Benefis, Boulder, charms, Stampede, Mystery Quilt... I think that's it!
Until next time!
gina

No comments:

Post a Comment