background 12282014

Friday, September 18, 2009

More blankets to St. Pete's today

Hi everyone and happy Friday!

I took 24 blankets to St Pete's today. Many of these were ones that were created by the Helena Quilt Guild volunteers at the Last Chance Stampede and Fair. They were thrilled to get them and asked me to tell you all how wonderful you are for making these blankets. You ARE wonderful!!

I got to visit the NICU while there. To be honest, for a long time I didn't even know they had an NICU. Thanks to Lisa W for letting me know they do have one! The receiving blankets they have are about 34" x 34"... but they were folded to fit. So anything up to 34" x 34" will work for them.

The Jo-Anns discount cards arrived! If any of you who attended the Blanket Bee in Great Falls last weekend would like one, I can mail it to you. Otherwise, I will just distribute at the next one... second Saturday in October at the Moose Lodge...10:30 to 3.

Remember, we also have a Blanket Day set up for September 27, Sunday, noon to 4 at the Sewing Palace in Helena. For those of you in Great Falls, The Sewing Palace Bernina is a wonderful quilt shop... come help make blankets and maybe do a little shopping at the same time!!

At the last two Linus Coordinators Conferences, they've had Kirk Weisler as a speaker. I thoroughly enjoyed him both times, and am on his daily emailing T4D (Thought for the Day.) I thought I would share today's with all of you... it is below. You are all lighting the candle!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
gina

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER-

I WOULD HAVE TALKED LESS AND LISTENED MORE, I WOULD HAVE INVITED FRIENDS OVER FOR DINNER EVEN THOUGH THE CARPET WAS STAINED AND THE SOFA WAS FADED. I WOULD HAVE BURNED THE PINK CANDLE SHAPED LIKE A ROSE BEFORE IT MELTED IN STORAGE. I WOULD HAVE CRIED AND LAUGHED LESS WHILE WATCHING TELEVISION AND DONE MORE WHILE WATCHING LIFE.

BUT MOSTLY, GIVEN ANOTHER SHOT AT LIFE, I WOULD SEIZE EACH MOMENT, EACH OPPORTUNITY, LOOK AT IT AND REALLY LIVE IT, AND NEVER GIVE IT BACK. - Erma Bombeck

Well we don’t have our lives to live over… but we do have them to live now. And might I suggest that living lives to make ourselves happy won’t bring nearly has much happiness as living our lives to help others experience happiness will. So as you live your life, and sieze your moments and opportunities… do all you can to ensure that they are moments and opportunities of service to your fellow man, your family and your friends. The people you serve and light your candle for will light up your life in a way that will never grow dim.

Enjoy your Weekend… and light the candle.

1 comment:

  1. Hey....... I just wanted to comment on your last post. I, too, was really happy with the Moose Lodge, I think it will be a great place to have our blanket bees. The amount of space and tables will be really nice. I think it fits us just perfect. Hope to see everybody there in October. Marsha Martin

    ReplyDelete