background 12282014

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hi everyone and happy end of August!

Well, I spent the day starting to get ready for our blanket days. I went through the fabric donations and we have so much to work with right now!!! I kindof sorted it...mostly blues in this tote, reds in that one, holiday fabrics in another... you get the idea. I will bring as much as I can to the blanket days and I'm hoping everyone will be wanting to take some home with them to work up some blankets. There is really a lot of wonderful fabric to choose from... and I am running out of space to keep it all!!

I spoke with the Peace Quilters at Peace Lutheran this past Thursday. Cindy and Lyla have been joining us for our blanket days for some time. The group has donated many wonderful blankets and one in their group has donated many wonderful pieces of fabric and even some surprises! Cindy also brought the quilts she worked up over the summer using the embroidery squares everyone worked with in May. They are so beautiful! Monkeys and mice and flowers and a St Pats/Celtic one. She (and the Peace Quilters who did the tying) did just a wonderful job!! It was a tremendous afternoon with them!

So, get those sewing machines ready, and a bag of sewing supplies ready to go. See you soon!!
gina

No comments:

Post a Comment