background 12282014

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hi all- 

Jim asked me to send out a reminder for the size of the challenge squares - the squares to be made using fabric we handed out in May...one piece for boys, one for girls. The squares should be 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches...once they are in a quilt they will finish to 12 x 12 inches. If you didn't get any pieces of the challenge fabric and would like some... let me know. I'll get some to you somehow. Colette J has already finished something like 4 blocks with the girl fabric and 2 with the boy fabric... and her square are fun!!

I'm at PL Institute right now....wrapping up the first day. Took a couple of classes of very easy quilts...one from Gina Halladay of Threaded Pear Quilts and one from Pat Speth of 5 Inch is a Cinch. Both kind of scrappy quilts so some great ideas for using some fabric. In fact, the second class was done with 5 inch squares... and they were some of the oddest fabrics I could imagine and I was not liking the looks of the blocks at all. But here's the magic! Once I put them together... a bit of sashing between... it looks really nice! I'll post some pictures tomorrow. EXPO is tomorrow...lots of ideas, make and take booths, and a couple more classes!

Karen Loucks Rinedollar has written a book that was just published on the Project Linus story...she has that here. I'll send another note tomorrow with an update!

And for those who are wondering - I did finish my challenge quilt!!!!!!! It's a miracle!!!

gina

No comments:

Post a Comment