background 12282014

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another Thank You!

Wow! I don't receive any for months and then I get three Thank You's in a few weeks! The note is below... it is very sweet.

My daughter, Daisy, received a tied Daisy blanket while we were in the hospital Feb 15th-Feb19th, 2011. She turned 3 while in the hospital. This was her 6th hospital stay since she was born and has health issues. She had RSV this hospital stay with a stomach virus. She is still recovering at home. She sleeps with her Daisy blanket at the foot of her Dora bed every night. Thank you all very much!!!

You couldn't be there to hold her hand;
Something in my heart says you understand
You couldn't be there to give her a hug'
but she grabbed her new blankie and gave it a snug.
You couldn't be there to dry her tears;
but her blanket made with love will be with her for years.

I was sitting there in her room in the middle of the night;
My heart filled with uncertainty, full of motherly fright.
When I saw the Project Linus poem starring at me;
I thought of all the selfless people who were thinking of my daughter and her needs.
I held that blanket and my baby who was wrapped up in it tight;
I knew I was lucky for I could feel the love
that was tucked inside this blanket in the dead of the cold winter night.

I dried my tears soon and I smiled awhile;
thinking of all the people who go the extra mile.
I thought of all of you who take the time to make
a blanket for a child they had never even met;
It is something a Mother like me will never forget!

To all the people that make Project Linus happen.....thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Evite Issues
It has come to my attention that the last evite, and for all I know others before that, didn't go out to everyone. I don't know why. I have to send another for our day in Helena so I'll check the list after I send it to see if I can figure it out. Meantime, unless something really big comes up, you can plan on the Blanket Bee's being the 2nd Saturday of the month at the Moose Lodge through May.

See you Saturday!!
gina

No comments:

Post a Comment